New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am having problems on one computer running outlook 2003, that mistakenly ended up using a outlook 2002 data file
    I can not seem to figure out how to create a new outlook data personal folder file .pst

[attachment=89928utlooknotgood.jpg]

When I select the same option in another machines outlook 2003, It looks normal
    like this.

[attachment=89930utlooknormal.jpg]

What can be the solution?

Thanks for any help.
    Rich
    Attached Images Attached Images

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    This is new to me, it suggests you have either corrupted registry entries or a corrupted or absent DLL. Is this a standalone, not corporate machine? Or could you have server policy restrictions in effect? If not, back up your PST and first try running a detect and repair. If that doesn't work, create a new profile under Control Panel | Mail and attach Outlook to it, and if that doesn't work, back up your files with setting transfer wizard (depending on your OS) and do a whole Outlook reinstall.

EDIT: the only references I can find to MMService are Mail Merge services in OpenOffice - how that would relate to your situation is a mystery to me. Do you or have you ever had OpenOffice installed on this machine?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks
    Could someone have set DisablePST in the registry? See Dealing with .pst Files by Sue Mosher.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBF View Post
    This is new to me, it suggests you have either corrupted registry entries or a corrupted or absent DLL. Is this a standalone, not corporate machine? Or could you have server policy restrictions in effect? If not, back up your PST and first try running a detect and repair. If that doesn't work, create a new profile under Control Panel | Mail and attach Outlook to it, and if that doesn't work, back up your files with setting transfer wizard (depending on your OS) and do a whole Outlook reinstall.

EDIT: the only references I can find to MMService are Mail Merge services in OpenOffice - how that would relate to your situation is a mystery to me. Do you or have you ever had OpenOffice installed on this machine?
    This is a workstation at a small business that does not use a domain. Open office has not been installed.

The only thing that could be wierd is that iTunes was installed by a non-high-skilled user and I was wondering whether iTunes somehow
    decided that it would mess with outlook.

I will check out the registry settings as Tscher2000 suggested.

Thanks for the leads.

Rich

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by richnrockville View Post
    iTunes was installed by a non-high-skilled user and I was wondering whether iTunes somehow
    decided that it would mess with Outlook.
    It shouldn't - I use iTunes and synch my iPod with my Calendar without the problem you are experiencing.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS