New Lounger
    Thanks
    Here’s the scoop:

Primarily when opening a Word 2007 document that was sent as an attachment, modifying then going to “save as” to the network (via VPN) or locally (to My Documents folder) the document is saved then right after saving the save as dialog box comes back up wanting to save again. If you hit save again here it prompts for your original save to be overwritten (so it is saving the first time). If you don’t hit save the 2nd time then try and open up the document it does not show your new saved changes, almost as if it’s saving the original it has in temp and not the changes just made to the document.

This mainly happens when opening documents from Outlook sent as attachments but also occurs when opening a file straight from the VPN and saving.

Any thoughts? This is happening on a remote employee's computer. I can get more information if there are any ideas.

Thanks
    Is this a customized installation of Word, for example, with macros associated with a document management system?

Is it possible the remote user has opened the attachment twice? That typically would be designated in the title bar with a parenthetical number (e.g., (1) just before .docx) for the second copy.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hmm, I'm not sure. I just recently started at this job and this got dropped in my lap. I'll see what I can find out.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    We ran into this problem after installing plug-ins for a document management system. Uninstalling and reinstalling office is the only fix we could find.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback J and Richelle. If I discover anything I'll update here.