Thanks
    Hi all,

I have a little problem with MS Word 2003. When I write a title on a page and click the center alignment tool button, it aligns properly in the center of the page. When I click the left alignment button on the toolbar after pressing the Enter key to begin my first paragraph, the title aligns to the left as well. After playing with it for a while, I observed that every line of text, including the title, aligns to the left, center and right when I click the respective button on the toolbar.

How do I get the alignment functions to work as they are supposed to?

I am running MS Office Pro 2003 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit w/ 6GB ram.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Gerald

This sounds like you are running into the 'Automatically update' setting on the paragraph style you are using for your content.

Does this thread help?
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...dpost&p=616345

If you use styles to apply your formatting to paragraphs rather than the enticing alignment tabs then this sort of problem can be more easily avoided.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Thanks
    Hi Andrew,

I just now checked out the linked thread, and gave it a shot. Automatic updating was checked on the Normal style. I unchecked it and tried a new test doc, and it worked marvelously.

I have hardly used this particular installation of Word, because I use my laptop so much of the time. I therefore have no idea how long automatic updating has been checked. I have a lot to learn about Word.

Thanks for the help, and have a great weekend!
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill