2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, all! I am having issues trying to use the date,now, etc. function to show the first of the month. I have an append query that have a date field column with dates that could be older than the current month. I would like the query to identify those dates and substitute them with the first of the moth accordantly. For example:

IIf ([StartDate]< Month(Date()),have the first of the month be place with format(mm/dd/yyyy),[StartDate])

Any help is super welcome..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Try, format(month(now()) & "/1/" & year(now()),"mm/dd/yyyy")
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    The logic of this formula

IIf ([StartDate]< Month(Date()),have the first of the month be place with format(mm/dd/yyyy),[StartDate]) would use the first if the start date is before today not after today.

That aside, if you want to get the first of the current month you can also use

DateSerial(Year(date()),Month(Date()),1)

DateSerial is Locale independent which is not always the case if you use a Formatted Date String

So IF you want Start date converted to the 1st IF the start date is after today you would need

IIF([Start Date] > Date(),DateSerial(Year(date()),Month(Date()),1),[Start Date])

If you want the 1st if Start date is before today then reverse the test to <
    Andrew

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Guys, you are the best!! Thanks for the help; that really solve my problems. By the way, I noticed I didnt place the month function on [startDate] which was preventing the code to execute properly if using RG selection. Below is the correction:

IIf (Month([StartDate])< Month(now()), Format(month(now()) & "/1/" & year(now()),"mm/dd/yyyy") ,[StartDate])