Thread: Eudora 7.1

Lounger
    Thanks
    I would like to merge mail from two or more instances of Eudora, and have found only one reference that was not very helpful. Mail has been accumulating on two machines for years, and incoming mail is not really a problem. It is the dissimilar outgoing mail content that is a constant nuisance, and I would like to equalize the content on both machines.. Can this be done while eliminating duplicates? I have been hunting the info on the web .... and have not been ale able to find much, including on the residual Eudora site.

Thanks
    If a moderator would move this to the Office Applications forum under Non-Outlook mail it may get more exposure for an answer.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Lounger
    Thanks
    Than you .... it will be great if the post can be moved to the best possible location ........... cheers

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by euler View Post
    Than you .... it will be great if the post can be moved to the best possible location ........... cheers

No problem, only sorry I do not have an answer for you. I do not use Eudora.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by euler View Post
    I would like to merge mail from two or more instances of Eudora, and have found only one reference that was not very helpful. Mail has been accumulating on two machines for years, and incoming mail is not really a problem. It is the dissimilar outgoing mail content that is a constant nuisance, and I would like to equalize the content on both machines.. Can this be done while eliminating duplicates? I have been hunting the info on the web .... and have not been ale able to find much, including on the residual Eudora site.
    I'm not sure what you're wanting to do. At first I thought you wanted to merge two somewhat dissimilar Eudora accounts into one, but further on in your message you seemed to suggest that you wanted to keep both accounts and just make the content on them more equal. When I thought you wanted to merge them into one, I thought of a program that might be useful called Aid4Mail. I know this program only slightly, but I use another program from the same company and like it quite a bit. At any rate, Aid4Mail describes itself as an "email migration and conversion tool." It comes in several versions, starting at about $25. It might be worth taking a look to see whether it can do what you need.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for the suggestion. In answer to your question, I would like the mail accumulated in two instances occuring on two separate machines to be identical; same account, differing content. The problem is to merge the content, while eliminating duplicates. The objective is to end up with the same mail content on both machines. I believe that boxes can be added to the mail directory, and Eudora will recognize them, automatically incorporating them and displaying when next Eudora is opened. And mail can be moved around from box to box. However, it remains to discover and remove duplicate messages to obtain a clean data set. That said, I am not sure about anything, in this connection, and seek assistance. I do recall some years ago, when Eudora belonged to Qualcomm, having a problem related to duplicate mail, and recall the Qualcomm folks providing assistance. However, I do not recall the details.