New Lounger
    Thanks
    I use Microsoft XP as the operating system on an Imac. I am trying to setup the webcam to no avail. Please help.

Thanks
    Hi LoonieMan and welcome to the Lounge!

Have you identified the manufacturer of the iMac webcam so you can go to them to download XP SP3 drivers for the webcam? Evidently your XP installation does not include the correct drivers for the iMac webcam.

Have you check Device Manager to see if any error icons show beside the webcam? Does Device Manager indicate the webcam is functioning properly?

I dual boot an iMac with Windows 7, and Boot Camp had to provide the necessary drivers for Windows 7 to function with the Mac hardware.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks
    Hi LoonieMan,

Quote: "I used your method to install XP on my MacBook Pro without having OSX, so I can use the full diskspace for my Windows installation and my files, and it worked like a charm! After installing XP, I installed BootCamp (in Windows) from my OSX install disk to get all the drivers working smoothly in Windows. So far everything works great".

The above quote comes from a thread found here about installing Vista on a Macbook Pro without using BootCamp for a dual boot. Note that the user had to install BootCamp from within Windows with the OSX install disk to get all the XP drivers to make the installation work smoothly. You likely need your OSX install disk to do the same for the Windows XP drivers.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi 5-star Lounger,

Thanks for your replies with your suggestions. I have installed Bootcamp from the 0SX (Leopard) disk. It installed all of the drivers. And drivers were installed because the wireless and monitor both showed signs that installation was occurring. Also the Bootcamp is present in the system tray. Unfortunately, the iSight webcam is still not visible in the Device Manager nor in the Control Panel, and software such as Skype and Trillian still can not find it. Thanks again for your effort.

LoonieMan