2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have read lots of warnings to get underway with moving to IPV6 - but cannot find any in depth specific details on doing this. I have found little snippets - like how to enable IPv6 on XP - but nothing on whether this is a good idea or a bad one in the short term, and what else is necessary? Do I make the first move or do I need to wait for my ISP? In other words is there a road map / flow chart anywhere showing a generic user how to get there from wherever they are?

Tied in with the above is the question 'do users need to bother?' My ISP (Telus) tells me "Do nothing, we will take care of it". Are they correct?

I have deliberately not provided any details on my set up at this point as I am hoping that someone will point to generic answers of use to more than just myself. If this is not available then I will update the thread with details of my system in hopes of a more tailored answer.

Peter

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I did a "Google" on "moving to IPV6 " and got "About 763,000 results "

The second hit http://www.networkworld.com/news/200...tner-ipv6.html hits the nail on the head.

It's too expensive and in an economic recession, it has not been a priority, nor he felt, should it necessarily be outside those with special requirements, such as the government and the military. "IPv4 and IPv6 work very well together," Willis pointed out, alluding to shared routing strategies and gateways.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Unless you write and/or host websites, don't worry about it for now.