New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, can anyone help me with a problem - my screen resolution reverts to 800x600 spontaneously, usually when switching between user profiles or on boot up. Accessing the display settings and manually resetting it to 1680x1050 does nothing. When you hit apply it asks if you want to keep these settings, but the resolution stays at 800x600. I was wondering if a Windows update might have caused this, would like to know if anyone is experiencing the same issue and how they fixed it - thank you.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Try this. Use Windows Explorer. Go to C:\Windows\system32. Locate desk.cpl. Right click and select "Run as administrator". Make your changes and see if they stick.

Joe

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Joe, thanks for your prompt reply. I have followed your directions and it seems to have worked although i haven't had the time to test it thoroughly, but so far so good, thanks!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    You're welcome. For some unknown reason the desktop settings applet needs to be "Run as administrator" even though the settings are per user. Thanks for posting back.

Joe
    Joe