New Lounger
    Thanks
    Does anyone have information about equipment manufacturers for WiFi radios that use the old analog TV frequencies?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. I am still unable to find a list of companies that manufacture/sell the radios. Plus, the basic architecture. Will the main radio talk to satellite radios which then talk to your computer? Or will you be able to get a PC-Card radio and plug it into your laptop and talk directly to the main radio?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That article indicates that the FCC will make a final decision opening the frequencies on the 23rd of Sept. If that is correct, I am sure no devices are in the manufacturing stage yet......

While the technology would finally gain the FCC's full blessing, it is likely years before any actual implementation is seen.
    What sources are you looking at that indicates it will be used for Satellite based equipment. In my mind the advantage of these frequencies lies in much longer range GROUND based equipment.

Also to quote from the above article.....

Microsoft has already built its own database, which was used for an experimental white space network which only used two base stations to cover its entire 500-acre campus.
    all I can say is "bring it on....."

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Microsoft covers its 500 acre campus with two base stations.... Connecting to what? One has to think that Microsoft would have 100's if not 1,000's of users to give the test some depth. Those users needed something one their end to send and receive with/to the base stations. It does not seem likely that Microsoft hand built this much hardware. Somebody is building equipment for the "draft" specifications.

Ditto the small town and surrounding country side in Virginia (?) where the other test was done.

Given the history of building "draft-N" equipment, somebody is going to offer hardware before the ink is dry on the press release.

Anyone at Microsoft reading the lounge? Anyone in the experiment in VA reading the lounge?