Thanks
    I purchased jv16 some years ago. In 2009, I purchased a Platinum VIP license which is supposed to eliminate all future purchases and comes with all updates and new versions for free. Recently I downloaded version 2010 and tried to install my license. The license was NOT accepted. I contacted Macecraft for further instructions. After a week or two, they replied that I should install a new downloaded license from them. The downloaded license was refused by version 2010. I contacted Macecraft again. Another week past before they replied. We went around and around doing the same steps that did not work to begin with. I am still awaiting another reply from Macecraft.

Does anyone know what is going on with Macecraft??? Isn't Fred Langa a proponent of jv16? Maybe he knows something about what is happening or can find out?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hammond mike View Post
    Does anyone know what is going on with Macecraft??? Isn't Fred Langa a proponent of jv16? Maybe he knows something about what is happening or can find out?
    mike,
    Hello ,.. I have used jv-16 since 2009 also and never had a problem updating. I store my license.xbin in the same folder as the downloaded "updates". Maybe Macecraft can't find the file ? You might try to post a question on their forum http://www.macecraft.com/phpBB3/index.php Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Thanks
    As stated in my first post, I went around and around with the program. I browsed to the several file locations of the license, but 2010 stated that they were no good. The downloaded license was placed on the Desk Top for easy location by the program. Same results!!! As I also stated, I have been in direct contact with Macecraft, as infrequent as that has been. So, tell me: How can contacting their Forum help when direct contact with Macecraft has not???

Does any one know if Macecraft is having big troubles such as being acquired or going under financially??? Something is desperately wrong when the type of Support that I have received has been given!!!

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hammond mike View Post
    So, tell me: How can contacting their Forum help when direct contact with Macecraft has not???
    Mike,
    Hello... Yes... sometimes it's better to post for help on the forums, Seems to ignite a fire in the right place ...anyway ....it couldn't hurt. As they wouldn't want "bad press" for such a simple activation problem. ...If you think that their response is bad you ought to have a read on the "Acronis forum" Also i think that the new jv-16 is an excellent program and would keep "screaming" till someone hears. Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Thanks
    You can take your dissatisfaction with this product.To a new level by e-mailing PCWorld Consumer Watch section called;On Your Side here's the e-mail;onyourside@pcworld.com.You might just get it published.The best of luck.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Mike,

Like yourselves I have used JV16 tools for a number of years before upgrading to a VIP Platinum license in 2009. But never had any problems like you report, all updates and upgrades installed smoothly and the VIP license was recognised every time. I don't have a clue what could be wrong in your case. Sorry.

Regards, Teunis

Thanks
    Yesterday, I made it to the Macecraft site and started an On-Line Chat. I stated my problem and the person whom I contacted tried to switch me to Support. I was told that no Operators were available (being in Finland it was early morning their time, but you would think that at least one Support Person would be available around the clock), but that they would get back to me. I have not heard from them!!! Is this starting to sound like a Saga, or what???