New Lounger
    Thanks
    When cleaning a person's PC the first thing I generally install is Ccleaner.
    However if their are multiple users, I appear to have to install it for all users - there is no option to use the software for all profiles.

Am i missing a setting somewhere ?

Regards

Brendan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan Moran View Post
    When cleaning a person's PC the first thing I generally install is Ccleaner.
    However if their are multiple users, I appear to have to install it for all users - there is no option to use the software for all profiles.

Regards

Brendan
    Brendan, Welcome to the Lounge. It is always nice to see new posters with new perspectives.

I do not believe CCleaner provides the option to install to all users at the same time. This is unfortunate since it is a great app that I use a lot. Fortunately the time to install is fairly quick. If you download to a folder (public) then you should be able to see the downloaded exe file on all user accounts to allow one download to install on all users to save on download time. Once loaded CCleaner does have a Check for Updates link as well which is helpful.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan Moran View Post

Regards

Brendan
    Brendan, there is a portable version http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    CCleaner puts a shortcut into the desktop of whoever installs it.

I never use that - I move it from my private desktop to the "All Users" desktop.

N.B. I also now prefer the Portable version

Lounger
    Thanks
    I put the portable version in a folder in the root, as in C: \mytools so I can run whatever portable app I want to from any user account without having to click through so many folders to find it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGadgetFixer View Post
    I put the portable version in a folder in the root, as in C: \mytools so I can run whatever portable app I want to from any user account without having to click through so many folders to find it.
    Why not put it on a partition if you have one, then put a shortcut on the desktop for all users ?

Lounger
    Thanks
    If I do that, then I would have to update all the shortcuts with the new version name every time there is an updated version. Some people think that having it on the desktop makes it too easy for their kids to uninstall stuff and otherwise mess things up with it. They also don't want me to set up limited accounts for the kids or use steady state either. I can't understand some people, but it's their computer and their money.

Thanks
    If I do that, then I would have to update all the shortcuts with the new version name every time there is an updated version. Some people think that having it on the desktop makes it too easy for their kids to uninstall stuff and otherwise mess things up with it. They also don't want me to set up limited accounts for the kids or use steady state either. I can't understand some people, but it's their computer and their money.
    You could put it on a USB hdd or just leave it on you PC and run it from there without a shortcut.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If I do that, then I would have to update all the shortcuts with the new version name every time there is an updated version.
    I disagree.
    The download file has a name that varies with the version,
    but the unzipped executable is always named CCleaner.exe, and I have never changed a link when I have updated the version.

NB All my portable applications are on partition H:\ which is accessible to both XP and Windows 7 on my dual boot machine.

That is 2 GB in one partition instead of 2 GB in each of the System partitions
    That is 2 GB I do not have to download again should a Windows Patch Tuesday self destruct and take out everything in C:\

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you are primarily using CC Cleaner to clean out temp files and cache files for all users then I would recommend this as a possible alternative.

TFC - Temporary File Cleaner by oldtimer.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files...r-by-oldtimer/

New Lounger
    Thanks

CCleaner Network Edition available

Quotes from Piriform site - CCleaner Network Edition, is a scalable network version of CCleaner that allows remote deployment and management.
    • Small and large network support.
    • Simple one-click deployment onto clients.
    • Analyze single machines, workgroups or the entire network.
    • Manage cleaning rules and settings from one place.
    • Highly secure client and encrypted communications.

http://www.piriform.com/business/ccl...etwork-edition