Thanks
    How do I add a template to Outlook 2010's Quick Access Toolbar? Adding a Choose Form button there does not do the trick.

Prior to Outlook 2010, I had multiple toolbars, which when clicked, opened a template, and at that time, it seemed easy (to me) to do this.

When customizing the toolbars, I simply drag any command to the toolbar and then edit it (name, icon, etc.), use insert hyperlink and enter the full path/filename of my saved template. Voilà.

How do I do this with Outlook 2010?

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Just to clarify: are they true templates (*.oft files stored on disk) or forms?

If you have a little time to experiment, would you try installing some macros I created for earlier versions of Outlook (2000-2003)? They are attached to post #788911. The idea is that you have a new custom toolbar (perhaps it would appear on an Add-ins tab on the ribbon?) that lets you easily generate a new message from a template. Whether this can be transferred to the QAT, I don't know, but perhaps.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    Just to clarify: are they true templates (*.oft files stored on disk) or forms?

If you have a little time to experiment, would you try installing some macros I created for earlier versions of Outlook (2000-2003)? They are attached to post #788911. The idea is that you have a new custom toolbar (perhaps it would appear on an Add-ins tab on the ribbon?) that lets you easily generate a new message from a template. Whether this can be transferred to the QAT, I don't know, but perhaps.
    Hi jscher2000 -- they are simply templates with a filled-in TO, BCC and SUBJECT in HTML format using a set Font/Size, nothing more. I've been doing this forever. Outlook 2010 has too many steps to get to that OFT file. I simply want to click a button/toolbar and have it launch a specific file that happens to have an OFT extension.

If you have an earlier version of Outlook, follow my steps in the first post and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks
    Hi jscher2000 -- To add a button to the QAT that will launch a specific Outlook 2010 template, I found the following code posted by Sue Mosher:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sub DoIt()

Set msg = Application.CreateItemFromTemplate("C:\myfile.oft" )

msg.Display

End Sub
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, change the "C:\myfile.oft" to the file/pathname of your template, bring up Outlook 2010's built-in VBA editor via Alt-F11, and create a macro using the above code. Save and exit.

Then customize the QAT, click Macros under Choose Command From, select your just created macro, then add it to your QAT. Choose Modify to rename the macro and select the icon of your choice (would be nice if there were more icons to select from).