2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Installed VirturalBox on my XP Pro box a couple weekends ago, primarily to play with Mint. I have installed Mint 9 KDE in its own VM with no problem, it works fine, updates all okay, found network, internet, etc. The only problem I have is not being able to get it to run in anything other than 800x600. I have allocated more video memory to the VM and don't see any limitation there, but threads I read seemed to indicate some limitation of Linux and/or Mint to handle larger sizes.

Thoughts, help, beating dead horse?

Phil

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Karl View Post
    Installed VirturalBox on my XP Pro box a couple weekends ago, primarily to play with Mint. I have installed Mint 9 KDE in its own VM with no problem, it works fine, updates all okay, found network, internet, etc. The only problem I have is not being able to get it to run in anything other than 800x600. I have allocated more video memory to the VM and don't see any limitation there, but threads I read seemed to indicate some limitation of Linux and/or Mint to handle larger sizes.

Phil
    I did have Mint 9 installed for a while in it's own partition and had no problem with resolution. It used the resolution I had set with my graphics card as default. I had the same resolution as under windows which is 1600x900. Since I no longer have Mint installed, I do not remember how to check the graphics card settings under Mint. Perhaps someone else can show this info. Sorry
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by pjkarl View Post

Phil
    Are you, by any chance, using a kvm switch to connect your pc to your monitor?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pjkarl View Post
    The only problem I have is not being able to get it to run in anything other than 800x600.
    You need to install the Virtual Box client tools into Mint. After you do that, you can resize the Mint window by dragging the edges (just like any other window in Windows). Note that if you look at the Display config item within Mint that it will only tell you about screen resolutions that fit within the current windows within which Mint is running. I admit that this is somewhat awkward if you are more used to doing things the VMWare way (where the Display config within Mint would show the resolution allowed based on the parent OS), and it makes getting a "standard" resolution (I like 1680x1050, fits great on my 24" monitor) difficult.