Thanks
    Backup & Recovery 2010 - Free - Advanced (Non-commercial
    use only): NEW 2010 Advanced Edition - Total PC Protection

Available from Paragon here: http://www.paragon-software.com/home.../features.html

Here is an Extract of some of the product details from the Paragon web site:

"Backup Features
    Cyclic Backup - complete infrastructure for establishing a self-acting data protection system, fully compliant with the set-and-forget backup policy
    Backup to FTP servers - provide a new level of system and data protection.
    Backup Capsule - You can place a backup image to a special secured place on the hard disk called the Backup Capsule that has an independent system layout (e.g. a separate partition) and will stay operable should the active file system be damaged. To avoid an accidental removing or unauthorized access of the backup data, this partition is hidden and thus cannot be mounted in the operating system.
    Support for the latest hardware as well as hard disk partitioning schemes.
    Support of all present day techniques to store backup images
    Disk backup to save not only all on-disk information but also the system service structures. It is ideal for making a backup image of an entire hard disk (including GPT-discs!) or system partitions to guarantee the operating systemís working capability
    Differential backup to a sector image to only archive changes since the last full sector-based image, thus considerably saving the backup storage space. To restore this kind of backup you will require a full image and one of its differentials
    Restore Facilities
    Restore an entire disk, separate partitions image
    Restore with Shrink to restore a backup amount of actual data of the image
    Create bootable USB Flash drive, CD or DVD to recover your PC on demand
    Advanced Backup Tasks

Differential Partition Backup (Create a differential image of a partition)
    Supplementary Tools
    Recovery Media Builder: builds a new "recovery media" to boot from in case of an unbootable system
    Check Recovery Discs: checks the recovery media for integrity and bootability
    Virtualization and Migration Facilities
    P2V Migration - Clones an existing software environment into a virtual disk. Migrate a physical system to a virtual environment by converting all installed software and data into a virtual disk of the required virtual machine.
    P2V Adjust OS - Recover the OS startup ability after an unsuccessful virtualization by a 3rd party tool.
    User Friendly Fault Minimizing Interface
    Graphical representation of the data to gain a better understanding
    Comprehensive wizards to simplify even the most complex operations
    A context sensitive hint system for all functions of the program
    Previewing the resulting layout of hard disks before actually executing operations (so-called virtual operations)
    Partitioning tools
    Create Partition
    Format Partition
    Delete Partition
    Assign/Remove Drive Letter
    Hide/Unhide Partition
    Mark Partition as Active/Inactive
    Modify: change volume label,Test Surface
    Check File System Integrity
    Operations with Archives
    Add an archive to the database
    Delete the archive from the database
    Restore from the selected archive
    Restore File From Archive
    Differential backup
    Check Archive Integrity
    Mount/Unmount the archive"
    (My Setup: Custom built: 3,70GHz Intel Core i7-4820K CPU; MSI Military Class iii X79A-GD45 Plus Motherboard; Win 10 Pro (64 bit) - (UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; GeForceGTX 980 4GB Graphics Card; Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2015 Premium, NIS 2016, VMWare Workstation12 Pro, etc). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Looks interesting. See Backup & Recovery - edition comparison for a comparison with their paid editions.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    @JoeP: Yes, I saw that (I suppose I should have included the link in my post. Thanks for doing so). For a "free" package it's not bad at all, offering many pretty fancy options, especially the migration to a completely new hardware system that will result in a "normal" boot-up. (I hope Ted's justifiable "love" of Acronis will not be too threatened by this!!!)

Edit: Incidentally, I downloaded the User manual (4MB) and found ti to be VERY user-friendly, despite some quaint English errors arising from having been translated from the original German.
    (My Setup: Custom built: 3,70GHz Intel Core i7-4820K CPU; MSI Military Class iii X79A-GD45 Plus Motherboard; Win 10 Pro (64 bit) - (UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; GeForceGTX 980 4GB Graphics Card; Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2015 Premium, NIS 2016, VMWare Workstation12 Pro, etc). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.