4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi

Our company template adds a menu to the standard Word when loaded. One (stupid) user is saying that he does not see the added menu (although the menu options are available as part of a toolbar).

I think this is to do with ScansoftPDF.dot (I think it is a PDF maker from google). That addin is probably overwriting the menu. Has anybody come across this PDF maker and know of any issues with it (can't find anything useful from Google)?

In the mean-time I am trying to get his to disable that addin and see how it goes. Any tips highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Robie
    Thanks.
    Robie

Thanks
    Add-ins stepping on one another's menus and menu items is very annoying and there's no obvious way to stop it. Coincidentally, I needed to update an old global template that I had used for years. After using Save As to a new name, and removing the old one, another add-in's missing menu suddenly appeared. I'm happy, but I have no idea why that worked.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    Add-ins stepping on one another's menus and menu items is very annoying and there's no obvious way to stop it. Coincidentally, I needed to update an old global template that I had used for years. After using Save As to a new name, and removing the old one, another add-in's missing menu suddenly appeared. I'm happy, but I have no idea why that worked.
    Thanks Jefferson. There may not be a simple answer to this it seems :-(.
    Thanks.
    Robie

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Word loads global templates in reverse alphabetical order. The order in which they load also dictates the position on the menu. Some .dot files trigger an auto exec routine which may alter menus and potentially interfere with one another.