Thread: Error Message

Thanks
    Outlook was open with no problems earlier, and I rebooted my laptop. Now I am getting this error and cannot open Outlook 2007.
    What the heck is going on?
    Obviously I won't be able to get any replies via email so I will check back
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    Found this via a search. See if it helps:
    It turns out that one or a few of the Microsoft’s updates triggered the Just-in-time debugger to debug the outlook email form. I am not exactly sure which update it is. However, I found out you can disable the Just-In-Time Debugger tool by doing the following:

* This will need to be done on each workstation that has Office application installed.

1. Open Window Explorer and go to the location where Office is installed. The default location is:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11

2. Double click on MSE7.exe to open the Microsoft Script Editor
    3. Click on the “Tools” menu and select “Options…”
    4. On the left, click on “Debugging” folder
    5. On the right, click on the “JIT settings…” button
    6. Uncheck the checkbox beside “Enable JIT Debugging”
    7. Click “Close” and then click “Ok”
    8. Exit Microsoft Script Editor

This should disable the just-in-time script debugging from popping up when closing the Outlook form

Thanks
    Thanks Jerry however I do not show Office 11? See screen shot. I did however go back a few days to the 12th and did a system restore. All appears well for now, but I will have to reinstall a couple of programs like AShampoo, and IE 9.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    Well, This just gets stranger by the minute. After doing a system restore from 09/12, I reinstalled IE 9. All is well, so I created a restore point. I then went to Microsoft Updates and saw there were 6 updates. Installed them all and now Outlook will not open and I am getting the same error message. What is even stranger, is that the restore point I just created is gone also. So! I guess I will re restore back to the 12th, then install the updates 1 by 1 to see which one it is that is causing my grief.
    Thanks John

Thanks
    Thanks again Jerry for pointing me in the right direction. I did a system restore again and downloaded the updates one by one, checking Outlook after each.
    The offending update is KB2288953 Security Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
    Outlook is running just fine now, without that update.
    Thanks John