Lounger
    Thanks
    I recently bought a laptop with the (now default) 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium installed. When I tried to copy my Firefox bookmarks (bookmarks.htm & places.sqlite files) from an existing 32-bit Windows 7 H.P. machine I couldn't see the transferred bookmarks. (I'm not sure where Internet Explorer or Chrome keep their favorites/bookmarks in Win7.) I've done this before, but only between 32-bit versions of Windows and never had a problem.

Can bookmarks/favorites simply be copied between 32- and 64-bit Windows without having to do something else? If so I'm doing something wrong, If not is there some simple way, or do I have to re-enter bookmarks by hand?

Any assistance?

Thanks
    Try Mozbackup to backup your Firefox settings and restore them on your new PC. Firefox no longer keeps bookmarks in a bookmarks file.

Jerry

Thanks
    I don't think that you are doing anything wrong, you should be able to copy IE bookmarks as they are just URL's in a directory. Where you may be mislead is that Firefox uses a different format and location for its bookmarks. You will find them in your "Profile" along with lots of other stuff, click for more.
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

Thanks
    Kim, this is how to save and restore bookmarks in FF. click bookmarks>organise bookmarks to see as att.

[attachment=90034:ff.jpg]

The top 2 are .json files ( Mozilla;s Design ) The .HTML if imported into FF adds them to current bookmarks, so delete all you don't need before starting. If you export .HTML files from FF, they can be added to IE, again delete unwanted ones before starting. If a .json file is imported into FF, all are overwritten by default.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!