Lounger
    Thanks
    I now have the following windows XP oem in english and windows vista intergrale full version (ultimate) in french with the english language pack I want to dump vista for windows 7 premium upgrade also in english.
    Can I go to a lesser version in 7 from vista ? Will the vista boot loader just be replaced by the win 7 boot loader. P/s I have nothing at all I want to keep in vista I just used it to teach the o/s to seniors .

Thanks Bob

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you have nothing in Vista to keep then its much better to do a Custom install with the upgrade to 7 which will install a pristine copy of 7 and put all your Vista files into a Windows.old file so you can pick anything out you might need and then just delete it afterward. The custom install will be the second choice on the DVD below the upgrade choice.
    A custom install will also circumvent any hitches there might be in platform versions or possible 32/64 bit conflicts.

Thanks
    Generally the boot loader is located on the first OS. I assume you are keeping your present XP installation and just replacing the Vista installation with Win7. This should not present a problem for the MBR. The worst that might happen is that you have to fix the MBR, so I would Google search how to do this ahead of time in case you have to do this. otherwise go for it.

BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy