Thanks
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Well, Adobe has done it again. This 64 Bit Adobe Flash Squared is not presently available for download once again. Adobe does this regularly, makes a beta available, then pulls it shortly after. Does anyone know of another site to get this. I just put IE 9 beta on my wife's PC and can not get Adobe Flash Squared for it, bummer!
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Ted,

You're one BRAVE dude, putting beta software on the Wife's computer.

I have enough trouble keeping my Wife's computer running to her satisfaction w/o adding beta to the mix.

My Hat's off to you!
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    I have used it on my PC for a while before hand. Would never put something on there first, god forbide. I like living too much!!!

Seriously, the IE9 beta is working great for me and my wife is not pleased with the pop ups that get through IE 8. version 9 beta seems to have more robust blocking capabilities, and is almost as fast as Chrome. There are a couple things I am not enamored to with Chrome as well. I am using Chrome 9 beta as of now. I tried to add the Adobe Flash Squared 64 Bit only to discover it's no longer there. Sometimes I hate Adobe.

All other apps on her PC are RTM apps, no other betas. I just created new images of both today. As you may be aware I use Acronis True Image Home 2011 for mine and 2010 for hers.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Did you download from Adobe Labs - Downloads: Flash Player "Square" Preview Release. I just tried and it worked.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Did you download from Adobe Labs - Downloads: Flash Player "Square" Preview Release. I just tried and it worked.

Joe
    I'll have to try again, but that's where I downloaded from. I will check again and post back.

Update: Joe, I downloaded once again from the location you mentioned and saved the file to my PC, then installed over the network to my wife's PC. No good, does not show flash content. On my PC, flash content is displayed on the 64 Bit IE 9 beta, but not on her IE 9 beta 64 Bit browser. I may have to dig a little deeper with her PC. It's kinda wierd that it works on one and not the other. (as a note, flash does NOT show up as an add on on either PC)
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    I'd use the uninstall tool and remove both the 32-bit & 64-bit versions. Re-boot. Install the 32-bit & 64-bit versions. Make sure to run the installer as administrator.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    I will try that, thanks.

Addition: Well I tried this. I uninstalled IE 9 beta, and reverted back to IE 8. Flash worked fine on the 64 Bit version of IE 8. Reinstalled IE 9 beta as admin, flash not working, even after reinstall of flash. Wife says she does not need it, so we'll see what happens later when next beta comes out..
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    We decided to take her PC back to IE 8 because the online courses she takes at work require IE 8, and do not yet work on IE 9 beta. Once IE 9 is released, I'm sure this problem will be resolved.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post

Joe
    Nope, that's the 32-bit player again! Looks like we have to start a campaign to get web operators to abandon flash! I no longer have any interest in running this lame, poorly designed and WAY LATE add on! If Adobe Systems cannot get their act together, then support for this add on should end! So here's a message for [i]Facebook, Youtube[i/]: [b]Cease support for [i]Adobe Flash[i/] [u]now[u/]! It's time to go to [i]Html5[i/] and forget that [i]Adobe Flash[i/] ever existed! I am [u]disgusted[u/] with having to type my control characters totally by hand here in this compose screen! Frankly, [i]Adobe Flash[i/] runs terribly in [i]IE9[i/] and it's like having to run [b]Command Line[b/] all over again! We need to get up to speed with [i]HTML5[i/] as soon as we possibly can!

Allen C. Morse III

Thanks
    Greetings Ted: 64-bit Flash Player "Square" is available here (on 06 December). The link has changed a few times (why I do not know). I have downloaded and installed it and it works fine in 64-bit IE9 Beta:

Download Here

Edit: Here is a quote from the linked page:

"Adobe® Flash® Player "Square" is a preview release that enables native 64-bit support on Linux, Mac OS, and Windows operating systems, as well as enhanced support for Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 beta.

We have made this preview available so that users can test existing content and new platforms for compatibility and stability. Because this is a preview version of Flash Player, we don’t expect it to be as stable as a final release version of Flash Player. Use caution when installing Flash Player "Square" on production machines.

The key new capabilities in the Flash Player "Square" preview are:

•64-bit support — Native support for 64-bit operating systems and 64-bit web browsers on Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.
    •Internet Explorer 9 hardware accelerated rendering support — Enhanced support for Internet Explorer 9 Beta. It takes advantage of hardware accelerated graphics in Internet Explorer 9 Beta, utilizing hardware rendering surfaces to improve graphics performance and enable seamless composition."
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.