Thanks
    What does the 'arrowed' phrase mean ?

[attachment=90065:t.JPG]

I am using it on a few forums, all it gives is new posts in old threads, mainly ones I have no interest in. All are set to use 'Your Notifications' instead of email. [attachment=90066:Nod.gif]
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello RR - I think a new thread is a new topic in an existing "forum". In the example given above, it seems that you want notifications of "new threads(topics)" in the Graphics/Multimedia "forum". You don't want "new posts" within an existing "thread" in that "forum". You have chosen to get "notifications" here in the Lounge rather than by email.

Am I on the right track?

I think the pic below shows what has been done so far......

[attachment=90067:New Threads.jpg]

The pic below shows what needs to be done to see the new Notifications .....

[attachment=90068:New Notifications.jpg]

I think that is how we expect it to work. Just see new threads in a particular forum without the recent posts to existing threads.

Hope that is helpful !!!

PS: Let's test. Start a new Thread in Graphics/Multimedia and I'll let you know how it shows in my Notifications.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Sullivan View Post
    Hello RR - I think a new thread is a new topic in an existing "forum". In the example given above, it seems that you want notifications of "new threads(topics)" in the Graphics/Multimedia "forum". You don't want "new posts" within an existing "thread" in that "forum". You have chosen to get "notifications" here in the Lounge rather than by email.

Am I on the right track?
    Yes and no! First of all, I never got notified of your reply using :-

[attachment=90088.JPG]

Instead I got number of new posts since my last visit, all of which I had never visited.
    Will now do as you requested.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello RR - You probably saw the post from jscher in Graphics/Multimedia. Maybe he or some other Lounge user will offer a better way to test this or tell us how it all works.

Here is how my Notifications screen looked after the test. It seems to have partially worked ....

[attachment=90090:Thread test from RR.jpg]

Please note that I had to use the section labeled "Edit your forum notifications" to see the new thread.

Maybe someone else will pipe in and clear this all up.

My apologies, I should have suggested that we use the Forum called Test Area for the testing of this.
    Attached Images Attached Images