New Lounger
    Thanks
    I recently installed an app from Better Privacy 1.48.3, a Super Cookie safeguard that deletes LSO's. Now when I click a link in the newsletter or any e-mail, I get the following message....."This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" . The only other changes I have made recently are disk ck and defragging. Help Please. Can I get the necessary LSO Back? I need to use those links. Thanks for any ideas, MaBear

Thanks
    Hi MaBear,

Try uninstalling the Better Privacy app, and then revisit the web sites you recently visited so the LSO will be placed back in your browser cookies. Then see if things are back to normal.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Gerald, I both disabled and then uninstalled the Better Privacy App. Then I went to Windows Secrets directly from both Firefox and IE. All the links work when I click them directly from the browsers. Then I tried again from my emailed version and got the same message using both of the browsers as default. I think it must have put something in MS Office Outlook to block access to links. I believe all my LSO's have been erased as I can access nothing from a link in any of my favorite emailed articles. Thanks for trying. Any other ideas? MaBear

Thanks
    MaBear,

Since you are using MS Outlook, I am going to move this thread to the Microsoft Outlook Forum. Hopefully you will get some good ideas there.

What version of Outlook are you using, and what versions of IE and Firefox are you using?
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks
    "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" has come up before. Check out these threads:

Can't Open Links In Outlook 2010 (Lounge forum: Microsoft Outlook)
    Error Message When Clicking on Hyperlink (Office 2 (Lounge forum: General Productivity)
    Error clicking hyperlink to local file (Lounge forum: General Productivity) (Chrome users)

Any luck?
    Last edited by jscher2000; 2011-01-27 at 16:24. Reason: Fixed link for new forum

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for changing my thread over to Outlook. I read, digested, and followed instructions on one of your suggested links and Hallelujah it worked. thanks! MaBear

Thanks
    MaBear, we're glad you had success with the links jscher2000 provided! Thanks for posting back your success.
    Deadeye81