New Lounger
    Thanks
    I use Outlook 2010 and access Gmail via pop3 (because IMAP was incredibly slow). I noticed that when I add my Gmail account it creates a new Inbox just for Gmail. Is there any way for Gmail to use my exisitng Inbox?

Thanks in anticipation!

Thanks
    You can tell Outlook to deliver the mail to any location you want. I do not use Outlook 2010, but in my version select Tools > Email Accounts then 'View or Change existing Accounts' the next dialog box has a 'Deliver to: Drop Down box.
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I didn't think you could access Gmail as pop3, I thought it was striclly IMAP. Regardless, I have the same setup, Outlook 2010 and Gmail using IMAP is actually faster than the accounts I have using pop3. I would suggest you look at the settings for Gmail as IMAP always creates its own folder system in Outlook.

I have added the Gmail inbox to my favorites so it shows at the top, but cannot get it to use the "normal" inbox as the other pop3 accounts do.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Karl View Post
    I have added the Gmail inbox to my favorites so it shows at the top, but cannot get it to use the "normal" inbox as the other pop3 accounts do.
    IMAP doesn't deliver to the Inbox under Local Folders because your local IMAP inbox is just a mirror of what is on the server. You can copy to the local inbox (by hand, or maybe with a rule or code).

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    IMAP doesn't deliver to the Inbox under Local Folders because your local IMAP inbox is just a mirror of what is on the server. You can copy to the local inbox (by hand, or maybe with a rule or code).
    I know, that's what I said. Maybe you misunderstood what I meant by "favorites".

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Karl View Post
    I know, that's what I said. Maybe you misunderstood what I meant by "favorites".
    I was just addressing the last part of your post, the part I quoted. You seemed to be holding out hope that even though you hadn't found a way, it might be possible to have IMAP mail delivered to your local inbox. I was rudely squashing that hope.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Google Help shows how to set your gmail account for pop3 within Outlook.

Under the Tools menu, you access your email accounts under the Email Accounts menu. Then click on New... and add your gmail account using the settings that google provided in "More Settings...." button, test to insure that the settings are correct. Then save and exit. At that point you gmail account should show up as just another email account.

Hope this helps.

Jimmy

Thanks
    I find the easiest way to setup email accounts/profiles/PST files is within the Mail control panel applet.

In your case, go to control panel/mail

Click Email Accounts then highlight the Gmail email account then click change folder at the bottom. Point this to your existing PST and Bob's your Uncle!

EDIT: I've sanitised my accounts so can include a screen shot