New Lounger
    Thanks
    Without exception... a question mark (?) suddenly started appearing in front of any text message using the latest Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 X64 (just one question mark at the beginning of a message without space).
    In addition, a picture file is added to any mail with attachments, faint_grain.jpg 1.46 KB, is sent out.
    These additions to my mail are not seen when the mail is created but is shown when the mail is checked in the sent folder.
    The jpg is not found any where on the hard drive, all system and hidden files are always shown. There is no reference in the registry. Checking Google, there are many references to the file attachment being normal in the program Incredimail... it appears the file is indeed the same. I have never used the program.
    My computer has been checked with Windows Security Essentials, Spybot S&D, Malwarebytes and Trojan Remover... all report clean. I also sent the file to Virus Total and it matched a previously sent sample and it checks totally clean and benign.
    This problem appeared the 15th of September, as I checked my sent mail folder, mail before that date is clean.
    Where does WLM save configuration files, I could do a test string check. Where is the jpg file coming from... I've used Windows search and Agent Ransack, to no avail. Is there a programmer here that can clue me in how to fix this? I would rather find out how it is done and fix this rather than doing a system restore or go back to a saved HD image.

Thanks
    Hi Howard, Welcome to the Lounge.
    Can you post an image of your problem ?
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [attachment=90092:faint_grain.jpg]

Attached is a screen shot of a text message showing the question mark before the text, also the jpg that is automatically attached along with any outgoing attachments. Thanks for your help

[attachment=90093:4c9859c6.jpg]
    Attached Images Attached Images