New Lounger
    Thanks
    I just upgraded to Firefox 3.6.10 on an XP machine and a Windows 7 machine. In both cases, I am unable to load pages that end with .asp. I had no problem with the older version of Firefox, and for kicks loaded the beta on a Windows 7 machine. The beta had no problem reading the asp pages that 3.6.10 would give me an empty screen and a "done" message at the bottom.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? How have you gotten around it?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by David Slon View Post
    I just upgraded to Firefox 3.6.10 on an XP machine and a Windows 7 machine. In both cases, I am unable to load pages that end with .asp. I had no problem with the older version of Firefox, and for kicks loaded the beta on a Windows 7 machine. The beta had no problem reading the asp pages that 3.6.10 would give me an empty screen and a "done" message at the bottom.

it seems that Asp.Net and Firefox browser have issues. can you post a sample site here. thanks

Thanks
    I just upgraded to Firefox 3.6.10 on an XP machine and a Windows 7 machine. In both cases, I am unable to load pages that end with .asp.
    Firefox should have no problem with any page identified by a web server as content-type "text/html", whether its file extension is .asp, .php, .shtml, etc.

If this only affects some particular servers (you can check http://sothai.com/index.asp), then we could check to see whether those servers are sending some strange headers. Also, you could clear cookies for that site. Right-click the page, choose View Page Info > Security > "View Cookies" and remove them individually.

Premature "Done" messages and blank pages also can be caused by CSS parsing problems. Try clearing your Firefox cache using Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now" .

If the pages work normally in other versions of Firefox, there may be a problem with the Application settings in your current Firefox profile. You can check the dialog Tools > Options > Applications for any entries relating to ASP: there shouldn't be any. You could try to perform some surgery on other settings if you are so inclined, or you could transfer your critical settings to a new Firefox profile. Or you could run with the beta.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bong tubera View Post
    it seems that Asp.Net and Firefox browser have issues.
    Generally speaking, .asp is a "Class ASP" page extension, and .aspx is an ASP.Net page extension. So, good idea to get more information to see which technology is involved. However, recent versions of ASP.Net work pretty well cross-platform, so it is incorrect to state broadly that "Asp.Net and Firefox browser have issues."

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    Generally speaking, .asp is a "Class ASP" page extension, and .aspx is an ASP.Net page extension. So, good idea to get more information to see which technology is involved. However, recent versions of ASP.Net work pretty well cross-platform, so it is incorrect to state broadly that "Asp.Net and Firefox browser have issues."
    seems just for this instance

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

have you consider reinstalling firefox?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I could reinstall it, but since this is happening on two different machines, one running XP and one running Windows 7, I doubt that it would do any good. I am more inclined to download a reinstall the prior version and wait for 3.6.11 to arrive.

I am surprised that I am the only one having this problem. If I am, then it means that it must be some other factor, ie: anti-virus or other program that I am running that is inhibiting Firefox. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I finally found the culprit and it wasn't Firefox. It seems that Abine produces an add-on called "TACO". Once they upgraded their product voila--no problems. I didn't get the upgrade notice on the other machine yet so I just uninstalled it. Suddenly ASP pages are no problem!