Thanks
    David, Welcome to the Lounge. Fresh ideas are very welcome here.

I'm going to add another problem to this thread. I attempt to install the update and get an error message that FF is unable to install the update, check to ensure no instances are running. Guess what, they are not. I guess this just re-enforces the fact that I use IE 9 and Chrome 6 regularly whereas FF sits idle most of the time.

Ted
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    David, Welcome to the Lounge. Fresh ideas are very welcome here.

I'm going to add another problem to this thread. I attempt to install the update and get an error message that FF is unable to install the update, check to ensure no instances are running. Guess what, they are not. I guess this just re-enforces the fact that I use IE 9 and Chrome 6 regularly whereas FF sits idle most of the time.

Ted
    what ff version are you using sir?

Thanks
    I attempt to install the update and get an error message that FF is unable to install the update, check to ensure no instances are running. Guess what, they are not.
    Sometimes Firefox windows disappear from the Task Bar for unknown reasons. To fully shut down, after you close all visible Firefox windows, use Alt+Tab to look for any more, switch to them, and close them.

Sometimes Firefox does not exit completely. Did you check the Task Manager Processes tab for firefox.exe? See: Firefox hangs > Hang at exit @ MozillaZine Knowledge Base.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    Sometimes Firefox windows disappear from the Task Bar for unknown reasons. To fully shut down, after you close all visible Firefox windows, use Alt+Tab to look for any more, switch to them, and close them.

Sometimes Firefox does not exit completely. Did you check the Task Manager Processes tab for firefox.exe? See: Firefox hangs > Hang at exit @ MozillaZine Knowledge Base.
    Neitherr Alt Tab nor Task Manager show any other instances of FF. Setting FF to default did not help at all. Quite honestly if I do not get this fixed, it will not create too many problems as I use IE 9 and Chrome 6 more now than FF. This seems to make that decision even better.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    Neitherr Alt Tab nor Task Manager show any other instances of FF. Setting FF to default did not help at all. Quite honestly if I do not get this fixed, it will not create too many problems as I use IE 9 and Chrome 6 more now than FF. This seems to make that decision even better.
    You should update if you plan to use it, but if you don't plan to use it, why bother? You can uninstall it and on those occasions when you want to use it, you can grab a current Portable Apps build of Firefox that doesn't require installation: Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition.

Thanks
    Even though I do not use FF that much for now, I do not like it when something does not work properly. I uninstalled FF 3.6.9 and then installed 3.6.10. All is fine in the world again.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    Speaking from the standpoint of an all-too-old Computer Tech, when a program does not want to update calmly and quietly and starts throwing a fit, like a spoiled child,,,,,,I delete it.
    Then I go into "Program Files" and make sure that the folder for that program is GONE.

Then after some other "Cleaning" I might even do a defrag before installing the new version of the program.
    Occasionally, I even have to do this for 'Old Reliable' programs that for some odd reason just don't want to update.

Many programs won't update from one major version to the next, like XYZ 8.5 to XYZ 9.0
    Quite often a full DE-Install and RE-Install is the best means to the end.

Just a thought,

The Doctor
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

Thanks
    After I uninstalled 3.6.9 and installed 3.6.10, now I get the following when I log on, plus FF will not use my Last Pass to sign me onto the Lounge. IE 9 and Chrome 6 do. I guess I'm getting a little tired of FF. I may just say good-bye for good.

[attachment=90157:Security Warning.png]

This warning shows up twice before it will sign on. I have to choose Continue twice. What a pain.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    After I uninstalled 3.6.9 and installed 3.6.10, now I get the following when I log on...
    Do you have more than one home page set up? Are they HTTPS pages?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    Do you have more than one home page set up? Are they HTTPS pages?
    Nope, none with the HTTPS. I do open 3 tabs when I log on, My MSN, My Yahoo and the Lounge. Perhaps the sign on pages for one or more are HTTPS, but 3.6.9 and lower versions signed on fine. Plus IE 9 and Chrome 6 (I'm using Chrome right now although I have IE 9 set as default) sign on appropriately and both accept and sign on to the Lounge using Last Pass. FF is the only problem child. I have decided to uninstall FF for now. Once the released version of 4 is ready for prime time I will try it again.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    Sorry to hear you are having problems with Firefox. If you decide to reinstall it and it gives you problems, again, I would suggest following the troubleshooting procedures here.
    Ray
    OS: 2 computers w/ Win7 Home Premium 64-bit & 2 computer w/ Windows 10 AU Pro (1607)
    Antivirus: Kaspersky; Anti-malware: SpywareBlaster, Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WildcatRay View Post
    Sorry to hear you are having problems with Firefox. If you decide to reinstall it and it gives you problems, again, I would suggest following the troubleshooting procedures here.
    Thanks for the help. If I decide to try it again, I will check this out.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted