Lounger
    Thanks
    I have reformatted a USB drive (P and copied files to it. Everything is OK except the icon is quite different: [attachment=90134:Image3.jpg] I would like the (P drive icon to look like the (F drive icon. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Hi jshaw42, These icons cannot be changed, but it should change all by it'self eventually. I know , as my new WD hdd drive did.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    Hi jshaw42, I too think your icon will be renewed as Roderunner indicated. I have had icons do that as well.

But just in case it does not, or if you want to customize other icons, check out this How to Geek tutorial on changing icons. The segment about changing system icons such as drive icons is near the end of the tutorial. It involves the download of a small program.

This is assuming you are running Windows 7 or Vista. If you are running XP, then check out this How to Geek article.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies. the icon hasn't automatically corrected in six weeks, so I doubt it will now.

The Geek Tutorial, though appreciated, was a bust.

It's not a problem, just annoying. I guess I will just have to live with it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jshaw42 View Post
    I have reformatted a USB drive (P and copied files to it. Everything is OK except the icon is quite different: [attachment=90134:Image3.jpg] I would like the (P drive icon to look like the (F drive icon. Any suggestions?
    If you hav'nt too much on it try formatting it. OR Change PC USB port to another.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Lounger
    Thanks
    Finally, someone on another blog suggested going into "folder options" and showing hidden files. Then look for a file called "autorun.inf" and delete it. After a re-boot, voila! The icon is back to the original.

There were other suggestions such as editing the registry, etc. But this was quick and simple.