New Lounger
    Thanks
    My Xp pro while starting up hangs mid way,as well wont go in safe mode,no new software no burn marks on mothe
    r

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    I've split this into its own thread. Please do not hijack another thread with your problem.

See if Advanced troubleshooting for general startup problems in Windows XP or Troubleshooting the startup process or XP Startup Troubleshooting offer any help.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I work on computers and had this exact problem a couple of weeks ago. I repaired Windows XP, tried a different hard drive, disconnected the CD and DVD ROM players. All no help. I put the PC back to its original configuration and removed the video and NIC cards. Windows XP worked fine. No hang ups. I don't know which card was causing the problem. Since the PC had both an on board video and NIC built into the motherboard. Perhaps a reseat of those cards would have fixed it as well. Hope this helps in your trouble shooting.

Thanks
    My Xp pro while starting up hangs mid way,as well wont go in safe mode,no new software no burn marks on mothe
    r
    Give us a bit of a history:
    How long has this been going on?
    What software/driver/hardware changes were made prior to the issue?
    Are there any error messages?
    What have tried thus fare to fix it?
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.