New Lounger
    Thanks
    For the past few days I have been receiving intermittent 0x80042108 errors in Outlook 2003 (running on Dell I6000 laptop, Windows XP SP3, using Windows Firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials). The full error message is:

Task 'subscriptions@pinotreport.com - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

Outlook checks 14 POP3 accounts when it does a send/receive and the error usuall occurs with 1-3 accounts per session, different each time. No pattern that I can see. I've checked and verified all settings and the timeout settings for each account are at least 4 minutes.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Greg Walter

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am also getting the same problem, then eventually the email gets delivered, but in most cases about 6 times! My service provider says it is an Outlook problem? Help would be appreciated please...thanx

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    It appears that either Outlook is not processing the connections properly or the servers are not responding quickly enough. If you've gone through the steps described in Troubleshooting error messages that you receive when you try to send and receive e-mail in Outlook and Outlook Express perhaps you could try creating more than one send/receive groups with different scheduled times.

Joe
    Joe