3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

address autocompletion

I read the recent posts on address autocompletion in Outlook2000, but I still have a problem with a friend's installation. Address autocompletion does not work on her machine, although all her settings seem to be the same as mine (mine works) and I've checked everything I can think of. (These are IMO, not C/W, installations.) If she clicks "to" the address book appears and she can select a name, but even if she types the full contact name into the "to" field, it doesn't link to the address book. No underline appears under the name, and the message won't send. Any ideas on where to look next?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: address autocompletion

does it work to use control K to jump start it?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, ctrl K works.
    Fafner

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I should have given a longer reply. Yes, ctrl k works, but it doesn't solve the original problem, because autocompletion still doesn't work. I'm at a loss. Any ideas? The person I am trying to help is coming off netscape and is unhappy about all the extra clicking and/or typing that seems to be necessary in OL to get an address in the "to" field.
    Fafner

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

a lot of people coming off netscape or outlook express hate outlook. it does take a lot of geting used to. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

in tools > options > email button > advanced button are the name resolution options. uncheck, apply and recheck. also search the drive for *.NICK. That's the file that holds the resolution information. should be in with *.RWZ.
    if it doesn't exist, try forcing resolution using control K on at least three messages. if it does exist, delete it and outlook will make a new one. try at least 3 times with control k.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, MaryJ.
    Fafner