4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I am using IE 8. If you go to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy, at the bottom of the page, the first option under the InPrivate heading reads as follows: [ ] Do not collect data for use by InPrivate Filtering.
    What does this mean? What does InPrivate Filtering do? I have not yet gotten an explanation that is clear to me. I want to guard my privacy, so should I check the box? Thank you for any help you can give me.

Moon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moon1130 View Post
    What does InPrivate Filtering do?
    InPrivate filtering analyzes and filters "third party" content on web sites when such content occurs frequently enough to track your browsing habits across multiple sites. In order to do this, IE must collect an extensive record of the sites you visit and the sources of third party content. If you were to check the box on the tab you mentioned, IE would not collect that information and the InPrivate filtering feature would no longer work. If you don't use that feature, then you might as well as not collect the browsing history information.

More information:

• "InPrivate Filtering works by analyzing web content on the webpages you visit, and if it sees the same content being used on a number of websites, it will give you the option to allow or block that content." From online help, a copy of which is posted here: InPrivate: frequently asked questions
    • "When you browse Internet Explorer keeps a record of the addresses of the websites you visit, along with the addresses of the providers that display content on those sites." See: Internet Explorer 8: Privacy Policy.

Does that help?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, it helped a lot. Thank you very much. Have a wonderful day.

Moon