Thanks
    Using IE 9 beta on my PC (Win 7 Ultimate) When I click on a link in any thread in the Lounge, the link opens in the same tab (I have to use the back function to return to the original thread) and opens a second copy of the linked page in a new tab. This was not happening in IE 8. So far the Lounge is the only page where I see this problem. Granted I have not visited all pages on the web, but of the hunfreds I have visited, the Lounge is the only site that exhibits this behavior. I realize IE 9 is a beta and may nor render correctly, but I thought this info might be valuable to the Lounge administrators to allow investigation prior to release of the RTM version of IE 9. I will also be posting to the IE 9 team.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    I too have observed this. Running this site in compatabiltiy mode is a workaround.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Interesting! IE 9 beta works as "normal" (as for IE 8) for me in the Lounge.
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

Thanks
    Just proves that many glitches are caused by a particular settup rather than a general problem. I would expect this glitch to be solved in another update to IE 9. Overall I am very pleased with it. Joe, what is the easiest way to check this in compatibility mode to see if this work around would work for me? Thanks.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    Just proves that many glitches are caused by a particular settup rather than a general problem. I would expect this glitch to be solved in another update to IE 9. Overall I am very pleased with it. Joe, what is the easiest way to check this in compatibility mode to see if this work around would work for me? Thanks.
    Next to the address bar there should be an icon that looks like a torn piece of paper. With the site displayed, click on it to run a site in compatability mode.

Joe
    Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What I'm noticing is that if I edit a Google search term and then press delete (e.g. I have "wire mesh fences" and I select "wire" for deletion) IE9 frequently jumps to a new empty window, I have a little more luck if pressing backspace instead of delete but it's still happened once or twice, on the whole I too like IE9 but it certainly is still in beta.

Graham

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Next to the address bar there should be an icon that looks like a torn piece of paper. With the site displayed, click on it to run a site in compatability mode.
    Joe
    Thanks very much for this tip Joe, I have a publisher's on-line dictionary site than was just freezing in IE8 but in compatibility mode everything is back to normal (apparently they are working on a fix).

Regards

Graham

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post

Joe
    I did not see the torn paper icon, but under tools I clicked on compatibility view and the Lounge was added to the websites I added to compatibility view. I do not know if this is because of my options or what, but it works. Thanks for the tip. One thumbs up for JoeP.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted