Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Just installed InfraRecorder v. 0.51.0.0. Have very little experience with burning CD-Rs...

I just downloaded two files from the Internet: one is an .iso format and the other an .exe. I would like to store both of them on the same CD-R. From what little I understand about this process, I first would have to burn the .iso file that I downloaded somewhere (into a folder of my HD, I guess), add the .exe file to it, and then create a new .iso file that includes everything. After that, I would burn this new .iso file to my CD-R.

Questions:
    1) Is what I have indicated above correct?
    2) If so, can I create the new .iso file using InfraRecorder or do I need some other utility?
    3) There is no harm in burning an .iso file to a hard drive, right? I mean, I would burn the .iso file in a folder created expressly for that task and then delete it once I am finished. (For sure I would not burn it to c:\ !!)

This is all new to me, so I hope the experts here can guide me...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    okay its a little bit more complex than you are doing

1 "burn" only applies to iso (and related formats) when you are sending them to a plastic disc (otherwise its just copy like a normal file)
    2 what you will need to do is grab a copy of 7Zip (or some other archive tool) and then uncompress/unpack the ISO to a NEW EMPTY FOLDER
    3 You will now see all the files that were inside the ISO (which BTW is a disc image sort of like doing a photocopy of a CD)
    4 copy your other file to that folder
    5 open a new project in infrarecorder and then drag the folder with your files to the new image
    6 burn that or create a new image and burn as required

Thanks
    Making sure that the new file(s) does not make the new "iso" too large for its target.
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(