New Lounger
    Thanks
    . Occasionally in Outlook or Word, the keyboard loses its bearings and appears to display letters that I have not typed. B becomes n, etc. This happened on my computer with Office 2007 and now with my new one with Office 2010. It happens once a day in Outlook, less often in Word. Any thoughts?

Also, when I close Outlook, it leaves part of it open. I have to open task manager to close that before I open Outlook again. I have no add-ins listed under add-ins. Any ideas?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Is this the same keyboard being used with two different computers, or different keyboards and different keyboads? Usually spurious characters are caused by a flakey keyboard (or flakey fingers), but it seems unlikely that two keyboards would misbehave.

What part of Outlook remains open when you close it, and how are you closing it? Based on your comment "my new one with Office 2010 ..." I presume this was a clean install and not an upgrade of an existing system - is that true?
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you.
    It is a new and different keyboard which came with a new and different HP computer. I do have flakey fingers, but the situation is repeatable with firm fingers, same key same wrong letter.

I close Outlook with the X in the upper right. When I open procexp (task manager replacement) it still shows Outlook on the list. I have to kill that also. I have found the add-ins, of which there are many. I disabled iTunes, which may have helped. I just tried it and it closed OK.