3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Just did an AVG Free scan of my computer & it found the following threats:

Trojan horse Java/Downloader AA (found 2 instances of this)

Virus identified Java/Downloader AB (found 2 instances of this one also)

After doing a Google Search, I did not find any really recent discussions, and the ones I did find were other versions than AA & AB.

Anyone have some recent information on these?
    Also a link to relevant discussions would be very appreciated.

AVG Free did put all 4 of them in the Virus Vault. I will not delete these from the Virus Vault until I find out more about them.

The reason I did an AVG Free scan of my entire computer is that it had just found / stopped another Trojan horse Generic2_c.CFCI
    AVG Free also put that one in the Virus Vault.

Not to ask too much in 1 post, but I have been seriously looking at MSE to replace my AVG Free AntiVirus.

Thanks
    After doing a Google Search, I did not find any really recent discussions, and the ones I did find were other versions than AA & AB.
    Your not likely to find many real discussions involving specifics as many of these exploit variations are so common.
    Refine your search along the lines of Java based trogan/viral exploits and not specific names.

Trojan horse Java/Downloader AA
    Trojan horse Java/Downloader AB
    Java/Download "exploits"+Trojan horse Java/Downloader AA
    Java/Download exploits+Trojan horse Java/Downloader AA-fix
    Java/Download exploits+Trojan horse Java/Downloader AA-fix|-remove

One can usually extrapolate more information about the etiology of a specific exploit upon examining really decent manual fix instructions. Kind of
    like reverse engineering I guess.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    UPDATE:

Soon after I posted the 1st message in this thread, I had to leave for a couple of hours.
    When I returned, AVG had stopped 2 more instances of the Trojan horse Generic2_c CFCI.
    AVG also put those 2 in the Virus Vault.

Since AVG has already isolated all of the threats by placing them in the Virus Vault, would not my system be free from any infections?
    And all I have to do is eventually delete them from the Virus Vault - Right?

Should I be concerned about this rash of Viruses & Trojans that have tried to invade my system in less than 24 hours?

Thanks
    I would be more concerned about where and how I got infected. Get a second opinion with an online AV vendor independant of your AVG.
    You can also try malwarebytes anti-malware's free AM tool.
    Do you have any idea where this infection is coming from/how you got infected?
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenXXXX View Post
    The reason I did an AVG Free scan of my entire computer is that it had just found / stopped another Trojan horse Generic2_c.CFCI
    AVG Free also put that one in the Virus Vault.
    The 1st Trojan horse Generic2_c CFCI just popped up as I was shutting down my system for the night.
    That is when I re-started my computer & did a full system scan which found the 4 instances of the 2 Java/Downloader Trojan horses.

Then as I said previously while I was away from my computer for a couple of hours, AVG stopped & then quarantined the other 2 instances of the Trojan horse Generic2_c.CFCI.

No instances of any other viruses nor Trojan horses occurred today.

Because of a mild illness, I have basically just turned on my system, updated AVG & then checked my E-Mail (Outlook) since Monday. Most of the time during the day, it just sat idle until I turned it off again at the end of the day (6:00 P.M. or so).

It is 6:00 P.M. & my fever has spiked a little - so I am calling it quits for the day.
    Please cut me a little slack. THANKS for your consideration.

Do you think those infections pounced on my system because it sat idle for most of the days Monday through today (Wednesday)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi :

I would start by doing a "Search" on the AVG Online Support Forums
    about these ; then possibly Post on those Support Forums requesting
    help/further info about these .
    For the BEST in what counts in Life :

http://www.ctftoronto.com