New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a client that has just installed Outlook 2010 on his Windows 7 system. He is using this to retrieve his email from his gmail account. When he forwards an email with an attached file (jpg, pdf, it really dosn't matter the type), it is stripped when it gets to the receiving mailbox. I have given him a workaround: If he saves it and then attaches it just before sending, it will be received. That's adding additional steps which he dosen't want to do.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smariga View Post
    When he forwards an email with an attached file (jpg, pdf, it really dosn't matter the type), it is stripped when it gets to the receiving mailbox.
    The only thing that comes to mind if if the user is downloading headers only, rather than the full message with attachments, via IMAP Send/Receive settings.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The client is using POP3 to retrieve his mail. He is using Norton 360 for virus protection.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Maybe a problem with a malformed mime file? We recently ran into a similar situation. The email was being sent from a Mac using AOL's client software. We can see the attachments in Web Access and on Blackberry devices, but not in Outlook. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961940 for more info.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have found the solution to this issue. MS kb958012 is noted as for Office 2007. To make it work for Office 2010, change the directory reference of "12.0" (instruction #3) to "14.0". The "Fix it for me" bombs for Office 2010 because the reg file can't find the correct path.