Lounger
    Thanks
    While moving from MS Outlook 2010 Trial version to back to Miscrosoft Outlook 2010 beta version I've landed up with several *.pst files. Normally there should be outlook.pst and archive.pst. Now I can find many *.pst files in Windows Explorer. The new email setup does not show archive.pst. Not even in search folders. My questions: is it possible to merge pst files with one another - e.g. merge two archive.pst to have one. Move archive.pst from one account to the other?
    [twitter][twitter]rssra[/twitter][/twitter]

Thanks
    You can move an archive.pst (or any .pst file) to a new account simply by doing a File Open:Outlook data file operation from within the account.Unless you perform the previous operation, you will not see an archive .pst file until you perform an auto archive operation.

Jerry

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Based on what your movement among versions, some of these orphan PSTs may not have much content. The best way to check, not very efficient, is to open each PST from within Outlook and drag it's 'keeper' content to your primary/active PST.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Witalka View Post
    You can move an archive.pst (or any .pst file) to a new account simply by doing a File Open:Outlook data file operation from within the account.Unless you perform the previous operation, you will not see an archive .pst file until you perform an auto archive operation.

Jerry
    Thanks Jerry. I had some success. But still don't know how to merge two 'archive.pst (old) & archive.pst(new)' Old & New are just names used for this communication. In my Harddrive both exist with different dates and sizes.

Thanks
    Why merge them. I archive on a yearly basis and label the archive files by date. I rarely need to access them anyway. If you want to merge them, the only method I know of is to open both archive files and right drag the folders from the file you don't want to keep to the same folder in the file you want to keep and select copy. When you are done, you can close and then delete the unwanted archive file.

Jerry

Lounger
    Thanks
    I too have more than two archive files with different dates. But only one shows up in Outlook (left pane) folders. If I could view all three archives then of course, as you say, merging is simple.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupinder Sra View Post
    I too have more than two archive files with different dates. But only one shows up in Outlook (left pane) folders. If I could view all three archives then of course, as you say, merging is simple.
    Does Outlook 2010 have something like Outlook 2007's File > Open > Outlook Data File? That lets you add data stores to the navigation pane. After use, I recommend closing ones you don't need on a day-to-day basis (right-click their top-level entry in the navigation pane to easily get to that option).