3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use XYplorer for file management and occasionally get the error shown in the screenshot. It shows up after the program has visually closed. The program's forum rep says it's a Windows error (XP/SP3). Is that likely true?

[attachment=90198:XYplorer Application Error.jpg]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    When was the last time you did an update? The newest one is version 9.50.You can read more here;XYplorer
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Version not an issue. A couple of others (XP, Win2k) also reported it, one saying he wondered if it was related to putting Windows into standby mode at night, and the other speculating that it is related to the sleep mode of his HDD. I don't know, but since the Admin for XYplorer tends to instinctively blame problems on users' computers, I think it worth asking where this time of problem comes from.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Without much more detail about the error, I'd have to say it is an XYplorer problem. That is just as valid as someone else saying it is a Windows problem. These sorts of issues are often errors where a program does not pay attention to some limit set by the OS or its own internal design.

Joe
    Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I think it is most like a little sloppy XYplorer coding the shutdown procedure. Sounds like a condition where a subroutine is still active when you close the program and then there is a call to that memory location....well too late, the program is gone because it was just closed. Now there might be some structural framework to XP that helps facilitates this late call, but its not the cause, or many more programs would behave the same way; and I've only seen a few through the years.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. I posted (quoted) your reply to the thread at XYplorer and the Site Admin replied within moments:

"I don't think so. I know this kind of error and it looks different."

Seems I keep getting the same response.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Some people just think they know everything. There are a myriad of tools available for debugging Windows applications. If the developer is serious about his application he might try some of them.

Joe
    Joe