Lounger
    Thanks
    Can anyone help me out. I have a number of programs which have been removed from the computer, but the icons still remain in the ' notification area icon " list. Is there any way you can remove them from the list, nothing happens when you click on them. I thought you would be able to right click then delete, but that won't work. Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers John.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    by the "notification area" do you mean the Tray, right beside the clock?

Anything that shows up there is generally a running service. If your "removed" program is showing up in this area it is not fully removed.

Can you tell us what programs you are talking about?

Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes I mean the area by the clock, but not the programs showing there. If you click on the little arrow to the left of the icons it gives you a list of icons to customise. Most of the icons in that list have been removed from the computer, but you do not seem to be able to delete the icon from the list.
    Cheers John.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John G Campbell View Post
    Yes I mean the area by the clock, but not the programs showing there. If you click on the little arrow to the left of the icons it gives you a list of icons to customise. Most of the icons in that list have been removed from the computer, but you do not seem to be able to delete the icon from the list.
    Cheers John.
    From the registry is your best bet; Try this site to Remove Old Notification Icons In Windows 7, from Ghacks.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank's for the help much appreciated. Problem now solved Clint.
    Cheers John.