Thanks

Thumbs up

I am greatly confused by Microsoft's varied and changing offers for email. When MS Live first launched, I signed up for it and received an email account that was also my "Windows Live ID." Now when I use that ID to log in to Live.com, instead of an email interface, I get a page that has SkyDrive, messenger, and a bunch of other applications, as well as solicitations for a Hotmail account. It looks like the email reader comes via Hotmail, which I really don't want to use.

It is getting confusing just to use my @live.com address. Can you help make some sense of what is going on with all of these different Microsoft email services?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Dave

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    They are not different email services. They are just different names that Microsoft have used thorugh the years. Any Microsoft email address, whether MSN, Hotmail, or Live.com, should use the same interface now.

Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you login?

Joe
    Joe

Thanks

Angry

When I go to Live.com I get this page:

[attachment=90278:WL Signin.jpg]

When I log in I get to this page instead of a mail reader:

[attachment=90279:WL Home page.jpg]

Thanks for your help.

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave

Thanks
    You do not even have to go to this web page if you don't wish to. If you download Windows Live Mail (a part of Windows Live Essentials) you can use this mail client to sign onto all your email accounts in one place. Just as Thunderbird allows you to check all email accounts from one email client, so does Windows Live Mail. You just open the email clientt and all acccounts are checked. If you wish to send an email, you just choose which account to use. It is very simple and efficient. Check it out.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    On the Login page, click the check box "Remember my password". Then if you click the Hotmail link on any of the many places on an MSN site you'll be logged in automatically.

Once you are logged in, click on "Options" under Hotmail Highlights. Than click on the check box "Show me my inbox when I sign in". Save your change.

Joe
    Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Just go to your online e-mail via hotmail.com

Anyone who checks their Hotmail in Firefox can install the Webmail Ad Blocker add-on which removes the disgustingly-inconsiderate in-your-face flashing ad, and a whole bunch of other gumph (configurable). Also works with GMail, Hotmail and Google Calendar.