New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry if the question is stupid

I purchsed a new computer (cheap Altos) and had it installed by my friend.
    It's Windows XP.

It ran pretty good and smoothly, but all of a sudden when I turn computer on, I get message from Windows for password to logg-in.
    If I click just ENTER, computer reboots, and it's fine.

That is, it was fine for some time, but I wonder why got I this message for password.
    How can I remove it, so that I don't need to press ENTER each time I reboot machine.

And there is antoher question-->
    more and more often it happens that after I start computer, I get only paperwall.

If I shut off the computer and start it again, it reboots okay.

Do I need to take this machine (I repeat this is brand new Altos, though not for formula 1) to another expert for feformatting?

I am not happy with HD/fomating either - my friend didn't bother to make C and D partition etc.

Thanks
    To logon automatically, go to Log into XP automaitcally.
    Works for Vista and Windows 7 as well.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the fast reply.
    I did the fisrt step
    control passwords2 and Ok, but nothing happened.

And in Control Panel, when I found User Accounts, I don't get this choice
    users and Advanced, but the Window with "PICK A TASK"
    and on the left there is:
    ?User Accounts
    ?User account tzpes
    ?Switching users

I cannot find Automaticallx Log on pop-window.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Pick the task "Change the way users log on and off" and on "Select logon and logoff options" unselect "Use welcome screen"

Thanks
    You mistyped the command. Its
    Control userpasswords2
    not
    control passwords2
    Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you guys, that solved one problem, men right now I got into bigger troubles>>>

I typed Control userpasswords2, all right, and unchecked "User must log in---" etc etc...
    I also did reset the passwords, and left fields for them empty ---

but, but, it seems i did something wrong, because next time I turned comuter on,

evertyhing changed!!!

New paperwall, like someone created a new account! Not a single file remained, neither or desktop noor in My Documents, pictures are gone too,
    t was like PC was newly installed.

Before that, I got "funny" window when I turned on computer:: it was similar to the log/in message, I should choose between
    something, Administrator or My Name account, I don't know, I can't remember now what it was,

I clicked Ok for the first possible sollution, just to get it thorugh, and ... shock>>>

I got message PREPARING FOR INSTALING YOUR SETTINGS or something

This was first time I saw rthat mesage, and after a while,
    I saw new paperwall wiwth basic icons, and IE was default broser again, although I had Mozilla as a default-browser, and everything is new
    I lost all files nad pictures!

What hapenned??
    I think I did something wrong in trying to get rid of a boring "log-in" procedure.

In the mean time, I scanne d Pc with online NOd32 /eset/ and it found no viruses or threats.

So, evyrthing is "working" -I am writing this very post on that PC - but I lost everything, paperwall, files, pictures, default settings... like I am sitting at the new machine!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Uff... My name should be ignorant, with capital I.

So... I found files and pictures in My Documents.

I think I know what I did>> I changed accounts, and insetad of accounet named after me, I put in charge Administrator account.

Hm, I think there must be easy solution for this, I just have to change accounts again, but... bu I am ignoran, I don't even know how I did it?!?!

If anyone knows to give me instructions like from the ground control to the unexpeirenced pilot?

/by the way, I can't find icons form desktop, but that desktop belonged to previous account, I hope it will automatifally get recovered when this account gets back, hm?!/

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I really am an ignorant. The ignorant.
    I "solved" this another problem - I simply created another account, namely Administrator, quite accidentally.
    I did it in effort to ged rid of log-in pop winodw each time I turn on computer,
    So, I logged off, and I logged in again, but not as an Administrator, but as under my name.

And... panick is over, and I am now again with original problem - how to avoid this pop-window for log-in.