New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using Outlook 2007 and send attachments to members on a distribution list, every one is OK except one member who is using outlook express, gets the header but no attachment.
    However when I send a seperate e-mail with the attachment to them it is received OK. What do I need to look for or check to fix the problem.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    It could be the mail format that OE has trouble with, or it could be their ISP dropping the attachment.
    I would log onto the webmail interface and check if the attachment is there.
    Then I'd check the OE message headers to see if the attachment has turned up on the PC - you need to look for "Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=" sections.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Paul, the problem is a little bit different
    The OE system accepts the attachments, but not when sent from within a distribution list, although everyone else on the list does.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Weaver View Post
    The OE system accepts the attachments, but not when sent from within a distribution list, although everyone else on the list does.
    A distribution list may be linked to a Contact record while a direct send might not be. If you expand the distribution list and right-click the problem address, does it specify any particular recipient-linked format, such as Rich Text format, that might be different than your usual format?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The person in question is linked to a contact in the distribution list and is the same contact when sending individually, where outlook chooses the best format.
    I have checked the persons e-mail options and nothing appears to be out of the norm. e.g. accept attachments etc. It works when sent seperately.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Have you tried removing the contact from the distribution list and re-adding it?

Joe
    Joe

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Have you tried adding the contact in CC?

cheers, Paul