New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi folks; I use a PC with Windows XP SP3 and IE6,two years ago I migrated to IE7 but it did not worked so I stayed with IE6, now I tried to migrate to IE8 but happens the same, pages not opening. ¿What could be happening? I really need to migrate now because there are many sites I can not access anymore. Thanks for your suggestions.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by richard quintanilla View Post
    I tried to migrate to IE8 but happens the same, pages not opening. ¿What could be happening?
    What do you get: blank page? Page not found error?

Are you able to access those pages using a non-IE browser such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Opera?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    What do you get: blank page? Page not found error?

Are you able to access those pages using a non-IE browser such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Opera?
    I get nothing, any site I try to access IE just shows the message "Conecting" but nothing more happens.

Thanks
    What is your firewall?
    Have you tried disabling or closing it temporarily and then attempt access a known trusted website?
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    Have you tried a different browser as Jeff suggested? I would recommend Chrome 6 or IE 9 beta as alternatives. I have personally kicked FF out. Perhaps I will try it again when v4 comes out.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I don´t useany third party firewall except microsoft´s and my av is ClamAV.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I can't answer your question but can save you the time on downloading IE9. IE9 is not compatible, nor will it install on XP.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had the same problemand a lounge member told me to get rid of Mcfee and Norton anti-virus software. I did and that solved the problem. after gett IE-8 I installed windows security essentials. everything works great.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I went to update one of our older public PCs yesterday. It's running XP SP3. When it got to the I.E. upgrade it installed 7, not 8. Maybe you need to have some part of the code from 7 in order to load 8?

And Shane is right. You can't run 9 unless you have Windows 7 or Windows Vista SP2. I may try it out at home this weekend. Right now I am using mostly Chrome with FF fading fast.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It's possible that there were add-ons in Internet Explorer 6 which do not work well with Internet Explorer 8. If this might be the case, do the following:

1. Do a partition backup just in in case trying to fix things makes them worse.
    2. Uninstall Internet Explorer 8 in Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs. This should get you back to IE6.
    3. Test IE6 and make sure it works,
    4. If IE6 doesn't work, try restoring from the System Restore Point set just before you installed IE8, then retest IE6,
    5. All the following assumes you have got IE6 working again now; if it doesn't then I hope you are geeky yourself, else it's time you buttered up a local computer geek friend, or found such a friend fast. Or there's Firefox. But you might need IE working some time for Microsoft Updates or the like.
    6. In IE6, Tools->Internet Options->Programs->Manage Add-ons->Add-ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer. Make a careful list of everything there (all columns).
    7. Close Internet Explorer 6. Now in Add/Remove Programs, uninstall every IE6 add-on you can find (carefully noting the names of any you want to try to re-install later).
    8. Open IE6 again and go to the Add-ons list as before. Disable every add-on still listed which isn't already disabled. Close IE6.
    9. Install IE8.
    10. Test IE8. All the following assumes you got it working (otherwise think about what you will bribe your geek friend with to fix it. Pizza and some drinks perhaps?).
    11. Go to wherever it is in IE8 you manage add-ons (in IE7 it's Tools->Manage Add-ons).
    12. Methodically, one at a time, enable each add-on you wish to keep and carefully test IE8 (and the add-on) after each. Disable again any that cause problems & hunt round again in Add/Remove programs more carefully than before to try and uninstall them.
    13. Download the latest version of any add-ons you want which aren't yet working, and try to install/test each, one at a time, setting a System Restore Point before each (just in case).
    14. If you got IE6 working again but not IE8, uninstall IE8 and try upgrading to IE7 first and fully testing add-ons, using the same principles as above. If that all works, you can then try upgrading IE7 to IE8. You can get the IE7 installer here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_in...lorer_xp/3282/

Good luck!