New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello loungers,
    I am using W7 x64, 4g DDR3 RAM,
    The initial loading of all browsers seems to get slower and slower. It is currently 35 seconds with Opera, Firefox or IE9. ( other browsers are the same), with or without firewall turned on.
    System is fully updated and has had many virus/spyware checks. It is clean. All caches are cleaned (emptied) on exit of browser
    Has anyone any ideas about speeding up browser loading ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Jackson View Post
    Hello loungers,
    I am using W7 x64, 4g DDR3 RAM,
    The initial loading of all browsers seems to get slower and slower. It is currently 35 seconds with Opera, Firefox or IE9. ( other browsers are the same), with or without firewall turned on.
    System is fully updated and has had many virus/spyware checks. It is clean. All caches are cleaned (emptied) on exit of browser
    Has anyone any ideas about speeding up browser loading ?
    Hi and welcome to The Lounge.
    If you clear the cache everytime it will take longer.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    Stephen, I would also like to welcome you to the Lounge. new perspectives are very welcome to the discussions.

Actually I was going to say just the opposite as RR. When you open a browser, and you have a lot of pages stored in History, it may be checking each page to see if upgraded pages are available. I clear my history and cookies each time my browser closes, and using IE 9 and Chrome 6, pages load very quickly each time. I dumped FF when version 3.6.10 would not install and run properly.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello and thanks for the replies, although the dichotomy is puzzling.
    I have just reinstalled Chrome after your advice ( it was uninstalled because it started to run very slowly), it is now top of the plops test.
    My plops test consists of opening a browser and timing it, then typing PLOP( it is easy and quick), pressing enter then timing it until the search page opens.
    Current times are IE9 1 sec and 9 secs
    Firefox 1 sec and 8 secs
    my long term default Opera 18 secs and 8 secs
    Chrome 1 sec and 2 secs.
    It looks like my default of many years has to go, why it does not work with x64 windows 7 I do not know ( it was like lightning with xp 32bit)
    The strange thing is that when I reinstalled Chrome and changed my default from Opera to Chrome, Firefox suddenly changed from a 20 second opener to a 1 second opener.
    None at the moment can match Chrome, though as stated previously, Chrome had become slower and slower in the past as well.
    I f any more advice, please let me know, thanks.
    Steve Jackson.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Jackson View Post
    The strange thing is that when I reinstalled Chrome and changed my default from Opera to Chrome, Firefox suddenly changed from a 20 second opener to a 1 second opener.
    That is strange, and may be an artifact of having been loaded previously during the same session. The developers know that Firefox 3.6's relatively long startup time (relative to IE) needs to be reduced and it's on the roadmap for the next version. Until then, I hardly ever shut down the program.

Thanks
    Their is like any program out their tweaks you can do .Just open your favorite search site.How to tweak FF or chrome etc you get the idea. Happy surfing to all.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten