Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In Word 2010, I created a few floating objects, including rectangles and lines. I went to Drawing Tools Format ribbon tab => Arrange command group => Align command => Grid Settings. In the Drawing Grid dialog box, “Snap objects to other objects” is selected. But I can't get the lines to snap to any rectangle corners or midlines. Any ideas?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    In earlier versions of Word, you can get the lines to snap by placing the shapes on a drawing canvas - that doesn't seem to work in Word 2010. Does it help if you put a checkmark next to "Snap objects to grid when the gridlines are not displayed" in Grid Settings?

Gary

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Gary's onto the right track. You need to place your objects on a drawing canvas if you want the connectors to snap to objects.

See http://help.wugnet.com/office/enable...ct1179204.html and http://help.lockergnome.com/office/c...ict873297.html
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Works like a charm -- thanks, Gary and Andrew!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Just out of curiosity, which one worked? Gary's putting a checkmark next to "Snap objects to grid when the gridlines are not displayed" in Grid Settings, or Andrew's placing the objects on a drawing canvas (or both)?
    Beryl M

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Andrew had the solution, but I'm grateful to both of them for their suggestions. It was a canvas thing.