New Lounger
    Thanks

Talking

Hi everyone,

When I booted up today my MSSE application didn't appear in the taskbar, and when I tried to get it to open from my desktop shortcut nothing happened. I checked my startup programs on Sys Config and also on CCleaner, and everything is in order. I also tried to get it up and running from Win Explorer, the Programs File. I'm using Windows Vista 64-bit SP2. Anyone have any idea what this would be about? My only other thought is to uninstall the program and then reinstall.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Morson, Welcome to the Lounge, new members are always welcome and encouraged to participate.

I would try the uninstall / reinstall route. Have you attempted a reboot to see if something did not load properly? May be worth the try.

Cheers, Ted
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Did you check with Task Manager to see if it was running and it was just the GUI that did not start properly?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    No, I hadn't checked the Task Manager, but I looked in the Task Bar customizations to see if it was there, but it was missing. Here's the thing, my laptop had been off, and I had actually booted up from scratch yesterday, and found the situation as described above. I had to then close and shut down after yesterday's session, and when I booted up today - lo and behold! - MSSE is up and running, it's right there in the task bar where it should be, and working perfectly. This is truly weird, and I have no idea what could have happened, unless it was something from the MS end.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. All seems to be well!

Joan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Morson View Post
    No, I hadn't checked the Task Manager, but I looked in the Task Bar customizations to see if it was there, but it was missing. Here's the thing, my laptop had been off, and I had actually booted up from scratch yesterday, and found the situation as described above. I had to then close and shut down after yesterday's session, and when I booted up today - lo and behold! - MSSE is up and running, it's right there in the task bar where it should be, and working perfectly. This is truly weird, and I have no idea what could have happened, unless it was something from the MS end.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. All seems to be well!

Joan
    That's why I stated in my first post to try rebooting. There are times that something just does not load properly, and thus a reboot helps. This is the simplest thing to try. Glad it's working.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morson View Post
    The Task Bar customizations just shows you whether the GUI is running not necessarily the service itself. I have seen isolated instances where the MSE GUI has not loaded properly. As you found out, usually a reboot fixes that issue. Glad you got it resolved. Thanks for posting back.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks again!