New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi. I have a Dell Dimension C521 with Windows XP Home, and it's getting a bit old. To speed it up (instead of replacing it) I've just installed a 128GB Kingston solid state hard drive (SSD), and copied my system to it using the provided software. I adjusted the boot sequence in the BIOS and it boots off the SSD and zips along like I hoped it would. The instructions claimed that the second hard drive would show up as D, but it has not. I wondered if that was because it was listed as SATA 0, so I went back in, reversed the cables, re-adjusted the boot sequence and now the old drive is recognized in System and the Bios as the second, SATA 1 drive, and it boots nicely off the first. SATA 0 SSD drive. But My Computer still doesn't see it, and I can't find any way to assign a letter to it. I considered reformatting it in case the Windows System partition on it is confusing, but I don't know how to access it to do that.

Any insights would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
    Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Disk Management and right click on the drive that you want to change its letter.
    Hope this helps.
    Catz

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks - it worked! (It was in Start>All Programs instead of Control Panel, but THAT much I was able to figure out on my own.)