Thread: Gmail

Thanks
    Hi Loungers, when using Gmail directly, how do you save an email as a .eml file ?
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Depending on your Browser....

In FireFox
    Change the Drop Down, the one that shows Reply, to Show Original. Right click on the message and choose Save Page As..., change the file type to All Files. Enter your file name with the EML extension.

In IE8
    Change the Drop Down, the one that shows Reply, to Show Original. Go to File / Save... Save as a txt file, then rename the file from a txt file to an EML file.

in Chrome
    Change the Drop Down, the one that shows Reply, to Show Original. Right click on the message and choose Save As..., Save as a txt file, then rename the file from a txt file to an EML file.

In Opera
    Change the Drop Down, the one that shows Reply, to Show Original. Go to File / Save... Enter your file name with the EML extension.

In Safari (for Windows)
    Change the Drop Down, the one that shows Reply, to Show Original. Right click on the message and choose Save Page As..., change the file type to All Files. Enter your file name with the EML extension.

Thanks
    mbarron, thanks for your reply, to what is a long convoluted process. I though Google would have made it easier than that. As I read my mail on 2 PC's, normally if its one I want to save it appears on the wrong PC, so forwarded it to my 2nd account to get it on my main PC which has W Live Mail which is easily saved without jumping through hoops.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!