New Lounger
    Thanks

NetFolders (Outlook XP)

Is anyone aware of any workarounds for netfolders in XP. I can't believe Microsoft dropped it off, do they not realise there are many users/organisations still using this feature...... in any case, if anyone has ANY suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated as I have clients who wish to go to XP but require net folders and are not in a position to go to Exchange, nor would they consider an external Exchange account provider.

Cheers

Paul

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: NetFolders (Outlook XP)

net folders is buggy, that's why it was dropped.

what was being shared? if mail, use a imap server. if contacts, ldap server. if calendar, a service like mycalendar.com. None are as convenient as netfolders, but if your clients are using netfolders for more than 5-10 users, they would benefit greatly from the full features of exchange server.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: NetFolders (Outlook XP)

Thanks for your input MJ. I am waiting to here back from their IT Support Tech as to whether they will consider using an Exchange Host. Although it is costly, the benefits are definitely there. We operate in an Exchange 2000 environment but the cost of setting this or Exch 5.5 up for their small group is not a consideration but perhaps a host may resolve the issue.

Thanks again.

Paul