New Lounger
    Thanks
    Excuse me for posing such an apparently silly question, but I do hope somebody can help me out here.

Although the help clearly describes that Access 2010 features the mini toolbar, whatever I do: i do not get to see it.

When I select text in a form while in Design View, I can change the formatting using options in the 'Text Formatting' group on the 'Home' tab, or by using options in the 'Font' group on the contextual 'Form Design Tools, Format' tab. But there is no mini toolbar....

I also checked the 'Access Options', but see no way to switch the mini toolbar on or off.
    Version is 14.0.4760.1000 (32-bit).

Am I missing something obvious?
    Bart.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    This is what I find in Help:
    In versions of Access earlier than Access 2007, formatting text often required using a menu or displaying the Formatting toolbar. Using Access 2010 you can format text more easily by using the mini toolbar. When you select text for formatting, the mini toolbar automatically appears above the selected text. If you move the mouse pointer closer to the mini toolbar, the mini toolbar fades in and you can use it to apply bold, italic, font size, color, and so on. As you move the pointer away from the mini toolbar, the mini toolbar fades away. If you don't want to use the mini toolbar to apply text formatting to a selection, just move your pointer a few pixels away and the mini toolbar disappears.
    Formatting text is only applicable to Rich Text, so the mini toolbar only appears when you have a field formatted as Rich Text , and you select some text.

[attachment=90292:minitoolbar.gif]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    John

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hutchison View Post
    Formatting text is only applicable to Rich Text
    Brillant John!
    It works for Rich Text, thank you for making this clear!

Should have said so in the Help, but you guys are great.
    Bart.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I was just writing something in Word 2010 where the minitoolbar is more useful because it applies all the time. Select any text and up it pops.
    Regards
    John