iNET Interactive
    Thanks

PATCH WATCH

Brace yourself for a big round of patches

By Susan Bradley

In what looks to be an early trick-or-treat, Microsoft released a breath-taking number of updates.

Included in this broad collection of fixes is a critical update for Internet Explorer and other patches that put the breaks on some scary malware.

The full text of this column is posted at WindowsSecrets.com/2010/10/14/07 (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.
    Last edited by revia; 2011-01-19 at 14:52.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Not only have there been a tremendous amount of patches since this article was written and not necessarily just on Microsoft Tuesday twice per month but a few in between also. This included a .NET framework update. Optional updates were replacing some drivers. One of these replaced my graphics driver and I've noticed a significant reduction of Event 4101 which is your graphics driver crashing and then recovering. The new driver seems to have reduced the frequency of these crashes. Windows 7 is a new OS and there will be lots of patches, but for the most part this operating system has been the most stable Windows out of the box I've ever seen!